Are you one of those people that take your electric supply for granted? Incidents such as severe storms and accidents can certainly interrupt your local power supply. Not to mention, when driving in your car or going camping you may have no access to AC power.
That is why many people like to keep a high quality portable power supply on hand. We have researched hundreds of customer reviews on several rechargeable power sources. Here are those that consumers think to work the best.
The Best Portable Power Sources for Camping in 2020
According to reviews by customers, these are the 5 top-rated rechargeable generator products. They are great to have as a portable camping power supply. They are even good to use as an emergency battery backup.
Anker Emergency Battery Backup
- The Anker Advantage: Join the 10 million+ powered by our leading technology.
- Portable Power: Off-grid power supply for camping or emergency backup, capable of powering lamps, phones, laptops, TVs and even mini fridges. PowerHouse boasts triple output modes: a 12V car socket, an 110V AC outlet (for devices up to 120W) and 4 fast-charging USB ports.
- Remarkably Compact: PowerHouse is possibly the smallest and lightest 400Wh power supply on the market. A high-density lithium-ion battery allows for a more compact build than that of lead-acid power packs.
- Safety Guaranteed: Battery Management System (BMS) undertakes voltage control, temperature control and more advanced safety operations, ensuring complete protection for you and your devices.
- What You Get: Anker PowerHouse (434Wh Portable Power Supply), 10ft / 304cm AC adapter, 2ft / 60cm Micro USB charging cable, welcome guide, our worry-free 18-month warranty and friendly customer service.
In case you are wondering what makes this rechargeable portable power supply for camping so special, it’s because of its great features. It has a 434 watt-hour power supply and an excellent quality lithium-ion storage battery. Those make this a great product to purchase. Read full review.
Anker is also known to be one of the best brand names in the battery pack industry. They do things like making sure their battery packs are lightweight in design and easy to carry. This Anker battery pack is even backed up by a no questions asked 18-month warranty.
BLACK+DECKER PPRH5B Portable Power Station
- Delivers serious jump-starting power with 1000 peak amps and 450 instant starting amps
- Reverse polarity alarm alerts when there is an improper connection; Connect the clamps to the battery, turn on the switch and start your vehicle
- Features a 120 PSI air compressor to help inflate tires with low pressure; High powered LED light allows you to work in the dark
- USB port provides portable power for electronic devices; Meets ETL safety standards for performance and safety
- Charges using a standard household extension cord (sold separately)
Are you looking for a product that has multiple rechargeable outlets and can be bought at the best price? Then you will be very keen to check out this battery pack made by Black & Decker.
This camping power station may be low in cost but please don’t mistake it for being a cheap power pack. It comes well-equipped with jumper cables, a 120 PSI air compressor and a handy built-in LED light. The casing on it is even designed with a sturdy molded carrying handle. Read full review.
It also includes 1-12V socket, 2-110V AC plugs and 2 USB ports. This model will definitely enable you to enjoy some creature comforts when out in the woods.
Jackery PowerPro Portable Rechargeable Power Supply for Camping
- Jackery Portable Power Station, Power Outdoors!
- High Capacity CPAP Battery Backup Powerpro 500: With 500 watt-hour huge capacity, Jackery Powerpro 500Wh can power a CPAP 9+hours after a full charge
- Quiet power for CPAP: Powerpro 500 is equipped with a lithium battery pack-no fumes, no clanging, and no fuel needed; equipped with a marvelous 110V Continuous 300W, 500W surge pure-sine wave inverter AC Outle, no noise, very quiet
- Safety: With ETL Safety Certified, battery management system (BMS), enables short circuit protection, voltage control, temperature control and more advanced safeguards, Jackery offers you and your devices complete protection. Powerpro provides power for your CPAP when off-grid, power goes out or emergency
- What's Included: 1*Jackery PowerPro 500Wh, 1*AC Adapter, 1*User Guide, We back our 24 month product warranty with 24/7 friendly customer service (Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org )
Here is a camping battery pack that can be great to have on the trail or when you need energy at a moment’s notice. It also gets a high rating from those that have bought and used it. You can read about how to make generator quieter for camping blog article.
Among its best features are its large 500 watt-hour output capacity, 6 hour AC recharge time and the fact it weighs only 12.5 pounds. It also has an easy to carry design. It can even be charged by using the solar panel that is made for it too (sold separately). When in comparison with most other highly recommended models, this one is definitely the most budget friendly to choose.
PAXCESS Emergency Power Supply
- POWERFUL AC, USB AND 12V OUTPUTS KEEP ALL YOUR DEVICES CHARGED UP: Whether you're looking to keep iPhone, iPad, laptop, DSLR camera charged up, or running lights, CPAP machine and small appliances in an off-grid or power outage, the Paxcess portable power station features a variety of outputs, including 3* 12V DC port(max 180W,with an extra cigarette socket cable) / 2* 110V AC outlet inverter(modified sine wave, max 100W) / 2* USB 5V port, to ensure you have the power you need at any time
- EASILY RECHARGED FROM SUN, WALL OUTLET OR CAR: No matter where you go, keep Paxcess portable generator charged through 3 easy ways: Simply use the included AC adapter from wall outlet to charge up the Paxcess generator in 7-8 hours. On the go, use Paxcess 50w solar panel to charge it from the power of the sun and works as a portable solar generator(The compatible solar panel is sold separatly). Lastly, charging while on-the-road is easy with the included 12V car charger cable.
- CLEAN ADN PORTABLE POWER, NO GASOLINE REQUIRED: Since there's no gasoline required and no toxic fumes, the Paxcess generator is completely safe to use inside your house, tent, and car. It's also silent which makes it the perfect generator alternative to have on hand for any event; Only weights 3.3lbs and ideal size for traveling, fits perfectly in the backpack or backseat on long road trips.
- SAFETY GUARANTEED: Battery Management System (BMS) undertakes voltage control, temperature control and more advanced safety operations, ensuring complete protection for you and your devices.
- 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE: At Paxcess, your satisfaction is our first priority, that's why we offer you 100% satisfaction guarantee. If you are not satisfied with your purchase within 45 days, you can return with 100% money back. No hassles, no question asked. If your generator failed within 1 year time, we will send you brand new replacement. 100% Risk Free.
Here is a great generator for camping trip use or to just keep in your closet at home for emergency power. It’s a highly rated battery power source that can run or recharge a large variety of AC, DC and USB corded items.
Best of all it comes in a lightweight (3.3 pounds) and easy to carry design. If you own it you never have to worry about being without electric no matter where you go. Read full review.
It is loaded with such good features as a high capacity lithium-ion battery and a large easy to read LED display. This Paxcess product comes equipped with 3 built-in 12V sockets, 2-110V AC outlets and 2 convenient USB ports too. Another nice thing about this battery pack is that it can be fully recharged in 8 hours.
For those of you that are interested in purchasing ‘green’ items, this can even be recharged with an optional solar panel.
Why Do You Need a Portable Power Supply?
We have talked about how rechargeable power supplies can be invaluable to you when you are camping. There are other great reasons to have one on hand too. Here are some other reasons why people like to own such portable devices:
For emergency power
As was mentioned, you never know when your home will suddenly lose power and need an affordable good power source. One of these rechargeable battery packs may even save a life if someone in your household depends on power to run a specialized piece of medical equipment.
For vehicle use
Buying a spare power source to keep in your vehicle to recharge a cell phone or power your smart tablet is never a bad idea. Many such devices are also designed to inflate tires and jumpstart your car.
For use on a boat
Very few boats have power outlets yet you may still use your phone for navigation and communication while riding in them. It’s always nice to have a power source on your boat to enable to recharge a cell phone or run a portable CD player.
If you are going tailgating before your next big sporting event you will have so many uses for a rechargeable battery pack. You can run an electric stove, turn on some lighting or even catch another game on a portable TV before your big game starts.
Rate our review:
Last update on 2020-07-10 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API