I am confident I speak for you when I say:
Unexpected power outages can be frustrating.
On the positive side, the situation isn’t helpless. Solar powered generators could be the perfect fix. Maintenance isn’t much of an issue here. And don’t forget, they leave no burden on the environment.
Best Portable Solar Generators in 2020
In these reviews by customers, you will be well informed on the best solar generators available right now! Keep reading.
Kalisaya KP401 KaliPAK Solar Generator System
- 4X USB ultra-fast charge ports for charging up to four devices, such as phones, cameras or laptops simultaneously
- 2X 12V DC ports for lighting
- Grade A, high capacity, long life, lithium-ion cells
- Remote system monitoring and control via iOS and Android smartphone app
- Includes solar panel
The KaliPAK is a portable and trendy option. It has a power output of about 384 watts. This should be perfect if you’re always on the move. A 40-watt solar panel ensures you can tap into the Sun’s huge energy reserve.
It comes with a shoulder strap for easy transportation while walking. The weight of 13 lbs makes this even better. This model has USB and DC ports. This enables you plug-in your appliances with ease. A lithium-ion battery of 26AH stores up power.
Aside from the solar panels, the KaliPAK can be charged by connecting it to a socket. Your car cigarette’s port can be used to charge this top-rated solar generator. Keep track of the battery usage of the solar generator using the KaliPAK app. It is available on different platforms and uses Bluetooth connectivity.
Suaoki 400Wh/120,000mAh Portable Solar Generator
- 【VERSATILE OUTPUT】: continuous 300W, 600W surge pure sine AC inverters provide charging for home electronics with low energy loss/the two DC Ports are perfect for lighting/the four USB ports can charge any USB electronic devices/the cigarette lighter socket can charge a mini fridge or air compressor/and the jump starter port provides 12v power to jumpstart a 4L gas car, DOD 80%.
- 【DURABLE AND RELIABLE】: with a max 444Wh capacity, Battery Management System (BMS), prevent all over-current, over-voltage and over-heating issues, giving you and your devices complete protection; features an handle, an aluminum alloy shell and built in input/output ports with sturdy plastic designed for safer and smoother to run.
- 【SLEEK LCD SCREEN AND BUTTONS】: equipped with three light indicator buttons (designed for easy use in the Dark!) featuring different power supply settings and a big LCD screen displaying the battery consumption, and charge and discharge status.
- 【3 WAYS OF RECHARGING】: refuel this generator with DC power from a 12V/24V car, and with AC power from home wall outlet or solar power panel, use official Suaoki 60W/100W Solar Panels for charging to create longer runtime.
- 【INDOOR AND OUTDOOR USE】: the SUAOKI generator works quietly, at a volume lower than normal conversation level, allowing family, office, travel, camping, fishing, hunting, farming or mergency backup use, both indoor or outdoor without concern . Product includes a 2-year warranty.
You can connect your sensitive devices to the kit. It delivers power with reduced alterations. There’s an LCD tray. This provides information about the battery and the AC/DC status.
It has different ports visible on the sides; AC and DC ports inclusive. Some are for charging the unit. Others are to allow you charge your appliances. There are USB ports for your gadgets. Also, the system can be used to jump-start your car. This is especially helpful in an emergency.
It does not come with any solar panel. So, you will need to get that separately. This option doesn’t weigh much. It can be carried around with ease. There’s a lithium-ion battery which stores power.
Goal Zero Yeti 400 Solar Powered Generator
- 396Wh lead acid battery portable power station can power up to 7 devices at once (33Ah @ 12V)
- Continuous 300W, 600W surge pure-sine wave inverter, 2.1A USB ports, 120W 12V ports
- Charge phones, tablets, laptops, cameras, and most small devices. Backup power for small appliances, lights, and more
- Recharges from AC, 12V or solar panels (sold separately). Gas-free generator alternative with no noise, no fumes, no maintenance
- Chainable with other 33Ah lead acid batteries for longer runtimes
An LCD display provides information about the state of the battery. The power supply status of the unit is also highlighted. A push of a button lights this display in the dark.
There are several ports for easy charging of your appliances. Each kind of port has a personalized switch. The system is portable and lightweight. This makes it easy to carry around.
This good solar power generator uses an inverter technology. The outcome is stable power output which is great for your devices. The Yeti 400 can be charged up through a wall socket or the port in your car. You can also use the sun’s energy to charge the unit through solar panels.
Renogy Phoenix Solar Generator Kit
- The Phoenix is an all-in-one portable solar power system specifically designed for mobile, off-grid applications and is ideal for emergencies
- This compact, lightweight back-up system combines highly efficient Rangy 20W Mono-crystalline Solar panels and can expand up to 100 watts with additional paves
- The Phoenix can be charged by solar, AC power, or car power and comes with a 17. 1Ah li-ion(neck) Battery
- The included 17. 1Ah li-ion(neck) Battery, giving the capability of limitless power. Charging temperature range 045C°
- Minimum inverter efficiency: 80 percentage, max Continuous Output power: 150W, Output AC Frequency: 60 Hz
It is equipped with a 150 watts inverter. This delivers stable power suitable for sensitive appliances. The use of a 20 watts solar panel is limiting. You will need to increase the number of solar panels to maximize the potential of the inverter.
The plastic case of this device is of good quality. The system comes with a 16 AH lithium-ion battery for storage of power. Charge time using the system varies for each appliance. This high quality portable solar generator has several ports so you can connect your devices directly.
The compact nature of this model is remarkable. It can be moved around quickly without stress. There’s an LCD on the side. This provides charging information for the battery and the operational status of the kit.
You can turn on the Phoenix generator using the power button. By pressing either the AC or DC buttons, power supply through the respective ports is achieved.
How Does Solar Power Generator Work?
A lot of people are not well-informed of the mechanism of solar generators.
Some think solar panels store charges. Obviously, this is untrue.
Let’s face the fact!
A solar generator usually consists of two parts:
- A solar panel
- A power pack
The solar panel provides the avenue for harnessing the sun’s energy. Solar panels work on the principle of the photoelectric effect. Photovoltaic cells which are abundant on the average panel capture the sun’s energy. The heat is converted to the electric charge. This is achieved through the semiconductors in the cells.
The electricity disbursed to the power pack is often in the DC format. Here it is converted to the alternating current (AC). However, the direct current (DC) can be used through some of the ports provided.
Factors to Consider When Buying a Solar Generator
Purchasing a solar generator is a big deal!
You exchange your hard earned money.
So, before you go on to get a unit, here are a few factors worth pondering:
Acquaint yourself with your power needs
Knowing the amount of power you consume on the average is important. Watt calculators come to mind. Many manufacturers have created web pages dedicated to this subject. Research!
Your use of a solar generator could be influential. If it’s for home use, the setup will vary. Solar panels capable of capturing just the required amount of power will be needed. A power pack consisting of the battery is also essential.
For an off-the-grid arrangement, you will need to choose larger solar panels and bigger batteries. The reason is simple. All your appliances will be relying on the generator. It’s a big ask which only a big setup can solve.
This is a common denominator when it comes to purchasing top portable generators. Getting a solar model is not exempted. Regardless of your power needs, they are not cheap. Just the solar panels could cause dents in your finances. Add the battery and the cost skyrockets.
If you’re looking at more than just a solar backup, the entire setup will only get bigger. The outcome is an increase in the overall cost. On the positive side, maintenance is rather easy. Also, your electricity bills are greatly reduced.
These generators depend on the sun’s energy. If you reside in areas with very little sunlight, avoid this setup. You don’t want to spend a substantial amount of money on a non-productive arrangement.
If you live in a place with limited space on the outside, this system might not work for you. Solar panels need to have access to intense sunlight. This explains the use of rooftops. But not everyone has access to this part of the house.
Benefits of Using Solar Generators
You might be wondering:
What do I stand to gain going solar?
The answer is a lot.
Here are some of the many gains of using solar generators:
Lower energy bills
This is one of the biggest benefits of using such devices. After the initial investment, the recurrent expenses are relatively small. If you go completely off the grid using solar, you can say goodbye to those bills.
Unlike their gas counterpart, solar generators do not negatively affect the environment. Fossil fuels are known for their immense carbon emissions. Engaging in the use of solar energy is a cleaner alternative in comparison to gas-powered generators. No fume, less noise and it’s safe.
Solar models utilize the sun’s energy to produce power. Just like gas units use petroleum. Living in a place with abundant sunshine means you wouldn’t have to worry about power. Sunlight is all you need!
Rate our review:
Last update on 2022-03-03 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API