One not-so-popular question among many is: What is the smallest portable generator?
But we all want a handy one. Or don’t you? I know I do. They are easy to transport. You don’t require much effort moving them. And let’s not forget the storage advantage they have.
This has necessitated the need for this review of the smallest portable generators on sale right now. This comes at the expense of some thorough research on our part.
Best Mini Portable Generators in 2020
Briggs & Stratton 30651 P2200
- Quiet and fuel efficient 111 cc OHV engine produces 2,200 starting watts and 1700 running watts
- Produces less than 3 percent total harmonic distortion making it safe for laptop computers, TVs and game systems; Run Time Upto 8.0 at 25 percent Load
- 1 gallon fuel tank for Upto 8 hours of continuous operation at 25 percent load, USB port allows charging of portable electronics in order to stay connected
- Parallel connector port allows connection between 2 units for more power; Muffler : Super Lo Tone. Start Type : Recoil
- At 59 decibels operating volume, it's quieter than a normal conversation (Sound levels may vary based on proximity and location; measured at ¼ load at 7 meters from control panel side)
Are you looking for a quiet, lightweight, and portable generator for residential power backup, tailgating, or camping? Briggs & Stratton might have the solution for your needs, courtesy of their 30651 P2200 PowerSmart Series Portable 2200-Watt Inverter Generator.
Over the last 100 years, the power equipment manufacturers have built a rapport of durability, quality, and cutting-edge innovations. Below we analyze the pros and cons of one of their popular products, the Briggs & Stratton 30651 P2200 PowerSmart Series.
Key Features of the P2200
- The Briggs & Stratton 30651 P2200 is parallel ready with a dedicated connector port. You can connect 2 generators if you need more power (4400 watts) for heavy usage.
- The cutting-edge inverter technology used allows for stable 1700-watts power output. With less than 3% harmonic distortion, it’s safe for laptops, mobile phones, and other power-sensitive appliances.
- Thanks to the innovative H-handle and 55lbs weight, the P2200 PowerSmart Series inverter generator is highly portable.
- The generator features a recoil pull start that is usable for all users.
- It boasts an aesthetic design ranging from a blend of color (red, black, and silver) to the control center.
- The P2200 includes a spark arrestor and automatic idle control to prevent damage.
- The fuel gauge and an automatic shutdown feature prevent damage to the power equipment by shutting down the unit if oil levels are low.
- A Super Lo-Tone muffler and the manufacturer’s Quiet Power Technology (QPT) allows for a low operating volume of 59dB by adjusting the engine speed depending on the load.
Yamaha EF1000iS Smallest Gas Portable Inverter
- 1,000 Watt Maximum AC Output/900 Watt Rated AC Output
- Noise Block Acoustically designed sound reduction system
- Long Run Time - Runs continuously for up to 12 hours without refueling
- Smart Throttle Load sensing throttle control
- CARB Compliant
It runs on gasoline with a tank capacity of a little less than a gallon. This Yamaha EF1000iS delivers a power output of about 1000 watts initially. The inverter technology of this high-quality tiny generator safeguards your sensitive appliances.
There’s an economy mode for improved fuel efficiency. With such a mode, you can enjoy the operation of this generator. Far beyond 10 hours. The smart throttle load attribute gives you control over the activity of the engine. This should come in handy in regulating fuel usage.
You can access all of the attributes of this top-rated small portable generator. Just with its control panel. This can be done by pressing a button. The EF1000iS has a noise reduction design.
WEN 56125i 1250-Watt Compact Portable Generator
- Extremely quiet operation comparable to the sound of a normal conversation according to the US Department of Health and Human Services
- EPA III and CARB Compliant 60cc OHV engine produces 1250 surge watts and 1000 rated watts
- Great for campgrounds, construction sites, tailgates and power outages
- Produces clean power to safely operate and prevent damage to sensitive electronics such as smart phones, tablets, televisions and computers
- Includes two three-prong 120V receptacles and two 5V USB ports
Its decibel rating is about 51 dB on a modest load. It means won’t constitute a problem when in use. With a weight of about 48 lbs, it is portable. The ergonomic handle makes the task of transporting it simpler.
Is the 1000 watts power output insufficient? The WEN 56125i is capable of parallel connectivity. You can connect this unit to another generator for more power. There are five outlets on the WEN. This allows you to plug some of your appliances directly.
The WEN 56125i has a 60cc gas engine which is CARB compliant. Its tank capacity is about 0.7 gallon. It might be less than a gallon, but the generator can run long enough.
Small Chicago Electric Generator 800 Rated Watts
- 800w rating/900w maximum
- 5 hour charge at 50% capacity
- 63cc air-cooled two-stroke gas engine
- Circuit breaker protection
This cheap compact generator has a 63cc gas engine. It’s built to deliver power for a few hours. This model could run on a full tank for about 5 hours. It’s only under a moderate load. While it is not as lightweight as the Yamaha, it is one of the smallest electric generators currently on sale. It weighs about 35 lbs. This isn’t quite heavy. There’s a well-placed handle for easy movement of it.
Noise level isn’t as low as a typical inverter generator. It can be placed anywhere thanks to the padded feet. It doesn’t require much effort to start. A single pull should suffice.
Compact Portable Generator Benefits
It remains undisputed that:
Portable models can be helpful in a lot of ways.
Don’t dispute how powerful they are due to size. They are capable of powering most appliances. However, their size could be quite helpful in a wide array of situations. What are the other the benefits of the generators in this category? Let’s find out.
Fuel Economy Enabled
Units in this category don’t consume much fuel. Even better, most of them have an eco-mode. This cuts the fuel consumption with only a little cut in power output. This makes them popular among those in need of a power source.
With the sensitivity of appliances, you need a reliable power source. Many of these portable generators have inverter capability. This makes them suitable for devices sensitive to power alterations.
This isn’t just limited to portable generators. But these small generators deliver power despite their size. The smallest diesel generator has a power output of more than 1500 watts. This is impressive when you consider the size.
One of the more notable attributes of small models is how near noiseless they are. Noise is a big problem with much more substantial units. So, if you want a power source which won’t be a disturbance to your neighbors, you might want to choose a portable generator.
Rate our review:
Last update on 2020-04-05 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API